PhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Memory Book Creation


I've done a Memory Book with each of my classes for the last few years. Each time it's been
a different format..I've been trying to find my groove, I guess :)
So, this summer, I took the plunge and designed my own lil' book. It includes each
month of the year, a faves page, title page, autograph page, photo booth page, my goals, and I heart page.



For every month I included a picture prompt because I found that my kids had difficulty
thinking of something to draw. I've also included a shorter line in the writing part so that kids will
remember a title at the top of their writing. I am pretty excited about how this turned out!
I bought 1 inch binder rings from Amazon for $5 for 50. I use the rings
to bind together the books as I've found that it's the easiest/most
effective way of binding them. I also like to add special artwork, reading
responses, journal entries to the memory books so they end up
getting pretty thick. I have the kids glue the month to one side of construction paper
and we put something that we did in class on the other side. Then, I laminate the pages.

All work is kept in a file folder until the end of the year. Click on either picture for this document!
Please leave a comment if you do happen to download it...and any suggestions or questions.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! You've given me new inspiration for my 3rd Grade Creative Writing Notebook. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! You've given me new inspiration for my 3rd Grade Creative Writing Notebook. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!