PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

HUGE Sale at Staples Starts Tomorrow

Well, in Canada-fingers crossed it's also in the US. Two pocket folders 10 cents, Hilroy coil notebooks 15 cents, Crayola pencil crayons 1.25, 4 pack lined notebooks 25 cents etc
Be still my beating heart :)

Ways I use pocket folders:
1) Math-kids make title page and glue it on cover, I include hundreds chart, math terms, success criteria and then laminate them
2) Social Studies-same as Math folders
3) Cut in half along spine, laminate, use in Writer's Workshop binder for Edit, Prewrite, Draft, Publish (different colour for each)
4)Supply teacher information-***NEW this year
5)Cut in half along spine, posted with Graphic Organizers for kids to use in Reader's Workshop, Writer's Workshop & Math Workshop

I purchase sets of pencil crayons and crayons for my group "Toolkits." I also make sure to have scissors, glue sticks, EXPO markers (I purchased magnetic whiteboards from Menards a few years ago for $5 each) and erasers in the Toolkits for kids to share. I'd like to include sticky notes, pencil sharpeners and markers this year (depending on sales).

I may not be able to sleep tonight!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Teachers in the U.S. can go to www.staples.com to check for deals. The best ones are Sunday through Wednesday in my area. Two pocket folders were last week. This week it's sewn composition notebooks for $0.10 each. Be sure to show your teacher ID...you can get 25 of each item (here anyway). :)

    Melly <><

    Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!