PhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 21, 2012

C.R.A.Z.Y.

Yes, it's true. Sadly, my laptop has a nasty, yucky virus. I can't even turn it on. Luckily, my husband is uber techy and can (hopefully) fix it BUT it's going to take a while and I am rapidly slowly going c.r.a.z.y. Like rearranging my cupboards, closets and drawers c.r.a.z.y
Therefore, what an awesome surprise to receive the Liebster Award from Delena at Learn with Me in Grade Three. Thanks so much...honestly, it was a a wonderful surprise and helped to cheer up my glumness about my laptop.
I have nominated these blogs for the Liebster Award. The criteria is that they have less than 200 followers.

A photo journey of a mother, teacher and enthusiast.

Loads of great ideas from a primary perspective.

An up and coming blogster. Kim teaches grade one and has FANTASTIC ideas/resources.

The past week at school was insane busy. Four straight days of -45 Celsius (-49 Farenheit) meant indoor recesses and stir crazy kids/adults. Luckily, I have a SmartBoard in my classroom because it makes Daily Physical Activity simple, simple, simple. We purchased a kid friendly exercise DVD called "Smart Fitness Workout" and it is the bomb diggedy. Truly. The kids LOVE it. It was well worth the twenty dollars that it cost!

I just throw this onto the SmartBoard and away we go. The routines range from five to ten minutes long. Most are energy boosters and a couple are cool-down-yoga type routines.
Another recentish discovery is the "Chair Hip Hop" series from Learn 360. This is a 25 minute compilation of different hip hop moves that the kids can follow along and do from the comfort of their chairs. It is really neat to see twenty kids doing the "windmill" together. Love it. Learn 360 requires a subscription (I think) that our school board has bought and we can access. It includes thousands of videos that are directly related to our Ontario curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!