Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tardy to the Party...A Day in My (Running) Shoes

Here's hoping that it isn't too too late to link up to Miss Klohn's fantabulous linky party. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's daily routine. I can't believe how EARLY many of you start your day...I have stopped whining when I get up at 6:30  6:45. I've also noticed that my little "annoying" (according to hubby) habit of hitting the alarm clock is shared by lots of blogging buds.

Okay-

6:20    ALARM GOES OFF
          ~First thwack of the snooze button

6:30     ALARM GOES OFF
           ~Second thwack of the snooze button

6:40     ALARM GOES OFF
          ~Finally drag my tired butt out of bed and head downstairs to make coffee

6:45     COFFEE
           ~Make coffee...which takes at least five times longer than it should since I fumble around in my      befuddled state...remember to turn it on so that it is ready when I get out of the shower...(I have forgotten and been very pouty disappointed)

6:50     LONG, HOT SHOWER
           ~Honestly, very relaxing and the favourite part of my morning

7:05     FIRST CUP OF JAVA
           ~A double double full of joy and love, enjoyed in front of "Canada AM" for ten whole minutes!

7:15     GET KIDS UP (for second time, first is before I go in shower)
...make lunches....get dressed...do hair and make-up (sorta lol)...tell kids to hurry up

7:45      OUT THE DOOR
            ~Off we go...two of my kids go to the same school as I work at...which is great (usually)

8:05      AT SCHOOL
            ~Last minute prep for day ahead...deep breathing...

8:30      BELL RINGS KIDS COME IN
  1. Literacy Block
  2. Recess
  3. Math Workshop
  4. Lunch
  5. Writers' Workshop
  6. Science/Phys Ed
2:35    SCHOOL IS OVER!
          ~Last minute stuff at school

3:10    HOME
          ~Head home with two cranky kids

3:30     CHORES, CHORES, CHORES

5:30     SUPPER IS READY

6:30-   PLANNING FOR TOMORROW

9:00     BEG KIDS TO GO TO BED...NOW!!

10:30    BEDTIME
             ~After doing lots of pinning and blog stalking of course

This is a typical day. Although, many days seem to be spent running to doctor's appts, the movies, the mall, friends' houses, hmmmmm...basically being a chauffeur for my two teens. I also like to watch a little tv to unwind (depending on the line-up). Mondays, so far, are my fave.

1 comment:

  1. I would be in so much trouble if I ever hit the snooze button! Usually I just stay in bed but turn the news on and waste 20 minutes.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Miss Klohn
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!