PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Currently

Here is my Currently for July as I am once again linking up with Farley:



It is h.o.t here in Northern Ontario. We hit a high of 40 degrees C (104 degrees F) yesterday and today is supposed to be just as muggily grossly oven-like. I like the temp to be around 24 (75 F) and find our heatwave a little unbearable. No air conditioning makes it even less lovely. Although, I do enjoy the huge thunderstorms that are happening as a result of the weather...

I love love love staying up late (past my bedtime) and sleeping in. Sometimes, I even stay up until midnight! And sleep until 8:30 am! Sigh. I remember when late meant the wee hours and sleeping in meant lunch.

My husband put in a new clothesline last week. It used to be at the back of our yard (accessed through the garage). Now, I can walk out my kitchen onto my deck and VOILA there it is. Absolutely love it.

I am going to be a bridesmaid in six short weeks. Enough said about that elusive ten pounds.

The wedding is in BC (3 200 km/2 000 miles) and we are roadtripping it! I have booked three hotels so far. Yup...need to get on that BIG TIME.

If you haven't read "The Three Questions" by Jon Muth I totally believe you should. It is a picture book based on Leo Tolstoy's three questions and it rocks. The story is based around these three questions: When is the best time to do things? Who is the most important one? What is the right thing to do? My go-to read was remarkably difficult to decide on. I have quite a few texts that I refer to all the time, depending on the subject/problem/mood I am in. I chose Fountas & Pinnell because it is a standby. I use the twenty days to independent reading every year and appreciate the mini lessons very much.


And now I am off to read and comment on the two blogs ahead of me and the one after!! Love Farley's RULE of THREE.

5 comments:

  1. ok, Love your blog design! It's gorgeous! And gotta read The Three Questions. Sounds great!! I like finding new books!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...thanks. It is a great book-I like finding new books, too and will be checking out your read aloud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to find new blogs to follow. I am loving Farley's idea for rule of 3. Enjoy your clothes line, I love using mine in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that book, The Three Questions! It is a deep one. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yes, I love staying up late and sleeping in!! :) Love your cute blog!! I'm your newest follower! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!